- The purpose of this RFA is to facilitate the discovery of new molecular probes for investigating biological function by funding the development and adaptation of biological assays for automated high throughput molecular screening (HTS). This is one component of the NIH Molecular Libraries and Imaging Roadmap Initiative (http://nihroadmap.nih.gov/molecularlibraries/index.asp).
- Approximately $4 million will be available for this RFA.
- The NIH anticipates making approximately 40 awards.
- Grant mechanisms for funding will be the R03 (up to $50,000, limited to 1 year) and the R21 (up to $125,000, limited to 1 year).
- Eligible organizations include for-profit or non-profit, public or private, and domestic or foreign institutions and organizations, as well as governmental units and agencies.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- Applicants may submit more than one application.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 application forms, available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html. Additional instructions, found in Section IV below, should be followed for this RFA.
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster